- Interesting video that explains why millennials how a hard time working in job for prolonged period.
- Short video that explains how keto diet can help cure cancer for dogs.
Interesting article that covers many experiences working with Node.js for 5 years in various projects.
Super inspiring TFS podcast episode with Tony Robbins about fulfillment in life and how to find it.
- Yesterday I went to play volley with work colleagues and today body is really hurting in every place. I haven’t been playing volley for long time and running and stretching is not always enough to easily adapt to different type of exercise.
- Next week in 1st October I’m gonna participate in a trail run in Sigulda. You can see the race homepage here. It’s 70 km race with elevation distance more than 2000 m. As we don’t have very high hills at all there’s a multiple up’s and down’s for several smaller hills (up to 100m eleveation or so) in each lap. Course is split in 2 laps (35km each). It’s the only race that I have been doing past 3 years in a row. I didn’t have so many training sessions as I would like to have so we’ll see how it goes on track.
- For last couple of week I have been researching and trying to stick to Low carb diet. My goal was to see if it improves my mental performance (no sugar low-high effects) and overall health. A great resource if you want to know more about this diet is dietdoctor.com web site, which has some basic info, but also very nice images about how many net carbs has products in different product groups like vegetables, nuts etc.
- As I finished listening to Tim Ferris podcast interview with Justin Boreta who is a founding member of The Glitch Mob, I checked out their music and find it very energizing. So when my willpower is depleted and I need to restart, I just listen to couple of songs. Special favorite of mine is Our demons song.
- Speaking of programming TypeScript 2.0 final release just landed. That means that I will need to spend some time to investigate the new features. I’ve been using the language in latest project for almost 2 years and I’m very satisfied with productivity gains that it brings along.
- One more thing that inspires me is TedEd video that is more than 10 years old actually, also I did see it just couple of weeks ago. Since then I have watched it like 3 times. So when you in doubt of watch you are doing it’s worth to consider to watch it. It’s called Why we do what we do by Tony Robbins.