- Article that shows how to enhance CSS layout progressively using floats, flexbox and grid.
- Short TedEd animation video that explains how caffeine is working.
- A Tim Ferris podcast with Jerzy Gregorek about weight training, gymnastics and how hard choices make the way to easy life.
- A Tim Ferris podcast with Dr. Phil Zimbardo about his famous Standford Prison Experiment and how can people do less evil.
- Tim Ferris show with John Crowley tells story how he started biotech company to save his kids that were having a rare disease sounds more like a movie that real life. Incredible.
- 16 tips for using SCSS.
- Extensive examination of slider component design.
- Checklist of best practices of Node.js apps in production.
- Long awaited week long vacation with family. We took a trip to Venstpils for 3 days and also enjoyed some leisure time in before and after.
- Short video about the best timing when to eat carbohydrates.
- Extensive examination about designing perfect date time picker.
- A collection of self check exercises and quizzes for web developers.
- This Tim Ferris interview with Mr. Money Mustache was even better than I expected. The one totally new thing to pick up from this is to make a way for kid to earn some money: in this case it was paying for each mile driven by bicycle. And even cooler is that if the option to earn some interest on money if not withdrawing it immediately.
- I enjoyed the James Altucher show episode with Stephen Dubner about his book “When to rob a bank”.
- Tim Ferris show episode with Cal Fussman was very enjoyable because of great storytelling abilities of guest. Most interesting part was interaction with his idol Muhammad Ali.
- Another interesting TFS episode with Jocko Willink where he answers the readers questions. I admire his ability to get straight replies to very very unpleasant questions.
- This week started to experiment with using new browser SlimJet, which looks to me faster than Chrome, but uses the same features (same rendering engine, all the extensions from Chrome Store etc.). Looks like it will be a preferred choice for near future as sometimes I get tired by Chrome resource hogging.
- Interesting article about how a guy went from zero to software engineer in 12 months.
- Last Sunday I participated in Lattelecom Riga Marathon 2017 and run the half marathon distance. The result is a couple of minutes slower than year before and I can attribute that seriously smaller amount of km done (several last weeks barely 10 km per week) and a little warmer weather on top of that. This was also the first race where I didn’t eat the breakfast before race at all and also skipped the dinner the day before. The last meal was around 16:00 in afternoon on previous day. I guess the carbs is not primary fuel all the time and that’s a good thing, imho.
- Interesting video that explains why millennials how a hard time working in job for prolonged period.
- Short video that explains how keto diet can help cure cancer for dogs.
Interesting article that covers many experiences working with Node.js for 5 years in various projects.
Super inspiring TFS podcast episode with Tony Robbins about fulfillment in life and how to find it.
- Yesterday I went to play volley with work colleagues and today body is really hurting in every place. I haven’t been playing volley for long time and running and stretching is not always enough to easily adapt to different type of exercise.
- TFS show episode with Chris Young about the lessons that can be learned from genius, tinkerers and billionaires.
- An article named “Why should we use pnpm?” talks about new Node.js package manager. It just another layer on top of standard npm, that uses only one copy of any package dependency that is used and creates a hard link to that package when used in node_modules. That way it save a disk space and improve the speed when the package is used in more than one place.
Large list of SVG icons for many popular brands and products.
Rather long but nevertheless fascination Tim Ferris show interview with Shay Carl about growing up as mormon, success as Youtuber, addictions, relationships with wife and kids.