- Interesting article about Captha. It explains the mechanisms behind the system, it’s pros and cons, struggles with ever going fight with hackers. Well written.
- Cool TED video about how do fast paced games affect brain. Based on scientific research it looks like these type of video games can help us learn, focus and better multitasking. I was discovered for myself some time ago that fast paced video games gets some adrenaline in the system and therefore I can focus better after. Especially if I’m getting little sleepy.
- Useful site cheatography.com that contains cheats sheets for all kind of purposes, like programming, learning languages, history etc.
- Bulletproof Radio podcast episode about fasting with Dr. Jason Fund and Jimmy Moore was very interesting to me. The key takeaway from this episode that fasting mechanism can be thought like a muscle – you need to increase fasting periods gradually and listen to you body reaction. This week I tried fasting for 24 hours, but failed. After 18 hours my body was starting getting cold, but with no apparent reason. The only explanation that I have is that metabolism was slowing down. This fasting also includes morning run to workplace so glycogen reserves could be depleted more rapidly. But I actually feel ok when fasting for 16 hours, so I guess I just need to have more patience to get to longer fasts.
James Altucher show episode 75 with Jay Jay French (guitarist and manager from Twisted sister band) about his struggles in career.
James Altucher show episode 73 with Adam Grant about giving and taking. He divides all people into 3 broad categories: givers, takers and matchers. And most important question: Is giving a zero-sum game?
- It’s been approx. one month ago that I started learning spanish with Duolingo. I skipped 1 or 2 days (now 18 day streak as of this writing). Best thing for me is that it takes small amount of time (10-20 minutes a day) and I can still get something new learned every day. But I also understand that I won’t make an expert in Spanish language.
- Found new interesting site with cool recipes Clean and Delicious. Already tried a recipe for immunity boosting chocolate drink and it’s great (and what’s important healthy).