- A James Altucher show podcast episode with Tim Larkin was an interesting one. It talks about self defence and how martial arts is very different from street fighting/self defence in their objectives.
- Great article that talks about the perceived performance and the illusion of speed.
- Extensive guide for mastering different aspect of CSS.
- React Express is a concise overview for Express app built with React consisting of small samples.
- This week I was having a little longer weekend than usual due to midsummer holiday on 23th of June. It’s so good to take a longer time away from computer and just to more in nature and spend more time with closest people in your life.
- Video that explains best protein sources.
- Article about best practices for Node developers.
- Cool 3 article series with graphics about memory management.
- Tips and tricks how to use CSS Grid Layout as a container for elements.
- The article that compares adoption speed of Flow and TypeScript.
Tim Ferris show compilation episode about mediation has several extracts from previous episodes that focuses mostly on meditation practice and related aspects.
- A nice surprise in French Open women tournament.
Short and useful article about tricks involving the usage of CSS z-index property.
- Article about different tips and tricks in using the FlexBox CSS layouts.
- Explanation of a human tendency to overestimate his capabilities. Also know as Lake Wobegon effect.
- Interesting short video about fat burning hormone and how eat when need to lose weight or gain weight.
- Hanselminutes podcast episode about how the HD remake of Age Of Empires 2 game made the way to daylight.
- Interesting Tim Ferris podcast episode with Dave Camarillo about fighting, self defence and benefits of cross-training.
- Good article that explains when is the best time to drink a coffee to maximize its impact on cognitive functions.
- Short video that gives a 4 tips what to best do with your free time.
- Interesting video about the link of fasting and inflammation.
- Long and very interesting conversation with DHH on Tim Ferris podcast about racing, programming, state of flow, business, education and many other things.
- Very interesting Tim Ferris show podcast episode about the placebo.
- Tim Ferris show podcast episode about how to learn anything faster . Material beats method.
- The health model show podcast episode with dr. John Gray about the relationships between men and women. A ton of useful information about how to better handle relationships from both sides. What is single most needed thing for women? What to do if men is angry? What role the hormones play?
- A short video with 20 health related tips.
- A interesting summary video about the lessons learned after reading 134 books.
- At last the outdoor swimming season was opened on last Sunday. The water is just fine, should have done it earlier.
- Tim Ferris show episode with Cal Fussman was very enjoyable because of great storytelling abilities of guest. Most interesting part was interaction with his idol Muhammad Ali.
- Another interesting TFS episode with Jocko Willink where he answers the readers questions. I admire his ability to get straight replies to very very unpleasant questions.
- This week started to experiment with using new browser SlimJet, which looks to me faster than Chrome, but uses the same features (same rendering engine, all the extensions from Chrome Store etc.). Looks like it will be a preferred choice for near future as sometimes I get tired by Chrome resource hogging.
- Interesting article about how a guy went from zero to software engineer in 12 months.
- Last Sunday I participated in Lattelecom Riga Marathon 2017 and run the half marathon distance. The result is a couple of minutes slower than year before and I can attribute that seriously smaller amount of km done (several last weeks barely 10 km per week) and a little warmer weather on top of that. This was also the first race where I didn’t eat the breakfast before race at all and also skipped the dinner the day before. The last meal was around 16:00 in afternoon on previous day. I guess the carbs is not primary fuel all the time and that’s a good thing, imho.