- Good article that explains when is the best time to drink a coffee to maximize its impact on cognitive functions.
- Short video that gives a 4 tips what to best do with your free time.
- Interesting video about the link of fasting and inflammation.
- Long and very interesting conversation with DHH on Tim Ferris podcast about racing, programming, state of flow, business, education and many other things.
- Very interesting Tim Ferris show podcast episode about the placebo.
- Tim Ferris show podcast episode about how to learn anything faster . Material beats method.
- The health model show podcast episode with dr. John Gray about the relationships between men and women. A ton of useful information about how to better handle relationships from both sides. What is single most needed thing for women? What to do if men is angry? What role the hormones play?
- A short video with 20 health related tips.
- A interesting summary video about the lessons learned after reading 134 books.
- At last the outdoor swimming season was opened on last Sunday. The water is just fine, should have done it earlier.
- Tim Ferris show episode with Cal Fussman was very enjoyable because of great storytelling abilities of guest. Most interesting part was interaction with his idol Muhammad Ali.
- Another interesting TFS episode with Jocko Willink where he answers the readers questions. I admire his ability to get straight replies to very very unpleasant questions.
- This week started to experiment with using new browser SlimJet, which looks to me faster than Chrome, but uses the same features (same rendering engine, all the extensions from Chrome Store etc.). Looks like it will be a preferred choice for near future as sometimes I get tired by Chrome resource hogging.
- Interesting article about how a guy went from zero to software engineer in 12 months.
- Last Sunday I participated in Lattelecom Riga Marathon 2017 and run the half marathon distance. The result is a couple of minutes slower than year before and I can attribute that seriously smaller amount of km done (several last weeks barely 10 km per week) and a little warmer weather on top of that. This was also the first race where I didn’t eat the breakfast before race at all and also skipped the dinner the day before. The last meal was around 16:00 in afternoon on previous day. I guess the carbs is not primary fuel all the time and that’s a good thing, imho.
- Interesting article about Elon Musk that deconstruct his quick learning abilities.
- A large list of resources that will help to learn full-stack web developer technologies.
I started new MongoDb University course “M201: MongoDb Performance“.The course is mostly about overall index architecture and optimizing index usage. This course last only 4 weeks and is smaller than other MongoDb University course, but it the knowledge is more dense imho.
- Interesting Model Health Show podcast episode about the benefits of bone broth. The main focus is how bone broth can help get better skin and healthier joints. And also improves other aspects of healthy body like gut.
- Interesting video that explains why millennials how a hard time working in job for prolonged period.
- Short video that explains how keto diet can help cure cancer for dogs.
Interesting article that covers many experiences working with Node.js for 5 years in various projects.
Super inspiring TFS podcast episode with Tony Robbins about fulfillment in life and how to find it.
- Yesterday I went to play volley with work colleagues and today body is really hurting in every place. I haven’t been playing volley for long time and running and stretching is not always enough to easily adapt to different type of exercise.