- Interesting article about the working experience by one of the former employees at Uber. It’s a reminder that not all cool companies has everything in check regarding the normal human interactions and focusing only on tech side is not always the right choice. At the end of the day the software company is about the people.
- Very short and informative article about EcmaScript 6 Maps data structure. No fluff and clear, small, concise examples.
- Tim Ferris show episode number 157 with Mike Rowe who is best known for his TV series on Discovery Channel called “Dirty jobs”. The key takeaway from this episode is that is more important to pursue opportunity than passion. It may very well be that you have a side hobby or passion, but then decide to turn the passion into full time job. It not always turns out so well as you may think at the start.
- An episode number 124 from Angular Adventures about how to get from senior developer from junior developer. The episode contains information what it means to be a senior or junior developer, interview process for developer with different experience levels.
- This week I started to go to bed earlier as one small step in direction to improve my sleep habits. Instead of going to bed at 23 or later, I now try to hit 22 o’clock. I wake up at 5.30, sometimes even at 4.30 which is little bit early, but its kinda too late to go back to sleep if I want to wake up earlier. Overall it looks that going to bed earlier gives more quality sleep hours and therefore I can sleep less hours in total and have the same energy levels. Will need to stick to this schedule for a while to see if its really so or not.