- TFS podcast episodes #125 and #128 with Derek Sivers are full of gems. A must read is his blog entries about directives which is compilations of most important things that he learned from books in very compact format. Just the essence.
- Finished first 10 interviews from How I Built This podcast. I found them very enjoyable – I like the format and also the length (only about 30 minutes). But best of all is content. So many successes, but each of them is a little different in some way.
- 15 and more years a go I wasted many hours playing games. And one of favorites of mine was StarCraft. Recently I found this clip on Youtube with music from original StarCraft. And sometimes I like to listen to it in background. Especially the Terran theme.
- A TED video with Derk Sivers about importance of failure in learning. Most important point that I get out if this presentation is fixed vs growth mindset. How 3 words can make a huge difference. When you say to someone that you are talented at something then you frame a fixed mindset for the person. And when you say to someone that you are proud that he/she put a lot of effort into something that pushes the person to have a growth mindset. And this is huge with kids – fixed mindset how limits, but growth mindset don’t.
- After a long pause I have started yet another course from Coursera. It’s called Learning how to learn. The title of the course says clearly what’s the course about. I only have finished first week, but it so far it looks interesting. Most of the ideas was already known, but shown from different perspective. Like a diffuse learning mode concept, which explains why some solutions comes to you when are not actively thinking about the problem, like going for a walk or taking a shower.