- Week ago I finished Sigulda trail – 70 km race with 2300+m vertical elevation. It was though, but I kinda expected it so no big surprises here. My legs gave up after 20+km and had problems with stomach when finished 1st lap. I suspect that problems with stomach was due to some ingredients (probably too much sugars or similar) in sports drink. At start I drink water mixed with potassium + magnesium powder which gave no problems – at least in short run. In future will have to remind myself to rely on my own resources that are tested. Also did take 3 magnesium supplement shots (50 ml each if I remember correctly), but still got cramps in 2nd laps when needed to crawl over fallen trees. I guess more training is needed and that’s all.
- I really enjoyed podcast episode with Rick Rubin on Tim Ferris show. The podcast guest deep voice, interesting thoughts and the fact that the conversation took place in rather unusual place for podcasts made me really stick to this one.
- As the Brit Floyd show is coming to Riga in next month, I was curious to listen to their music and I say I really enjoy it. Their performance sound really close to original one except the fact that it isn’t. So I find very tempting to find some free time to actually go and listen to them live.
- Rather big portion of my life is taken by listening to podcasts, so I was very pleased to find this one episode on Smart Passive Income podcast. This one is different than others episodes for SPI podcast and it talked about brains, decision process, attachments to things and other people, information overflow etc.
- One thing that is related to previous pick is to learn to meditate. Actually I have several times started to do it, but it never lasted more than one or two days in a row. So I will set up a challenge for myself to do it for 21 days straight (some say that’s how long it takes to build a habit) to meditate at least 5 minutes a day and see how it goes from there.